Saturday, November 5, 2011

Candidate Profile: Tina Mazzota Raffa for Treasurer (I)(D)

Candidate profiles: as a courtesy The Middletown Eye will publish candidate profiles unedited in the order received.
My name is (Josephine) Tina Mazzotta Raffa and I am a Petitioning
Democratic candidate for City Treasurer. I am a lifelong resident of
Middletown and care about my community. I have 20 years of banking
experience and am currently employed at Liberty Bank. I am concerned
about the financial future of the City of Middletown. With the
Democratic controlled Common Council taking money from the City's Fund
Balance, almost 6.5 million dollars in the last few years, I am greatly
concerned. With a $130 million dollar budget and less than $11 million in
reserves, we have almost one month operating money remaining. This is of
great concern to me. The Democratic controlled Common Council has spent
our savings unwisely. I will be an advocate for proper spending. I
have been very active in my community as a soccer coach, CCD instructor at
St. Sebastian's Church, the Mayor's Ball Committeees and my four
children's PTOs, sports programs and fundraising activities. I am the
co-owner of Watch Hill Signs and Graphics, a small business Middletown
with my husband Luigi Raffa. We have four wonderful children, Stefano,
Luigi, Luca and Carmelo Raffa. It is very important to me that Middletown
thrives for my family and yours.

Please vote for me on November 8th. I promise to put Middletown over
politics and look out for the financial future of our community.

Thank you.

J. Tina Mazzotta Raffa

No comments: