Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seventeen Years of Monkey and the Engineer

A friend called me and asked me to meet her at Klekolo on the spur of the moment. When I arrived, in front of her was the most beautiful work of art / delicious coffee drink I may have ever laid eyes on.

“Wow!” I said, “We need to take a picture of that.”

“I already did” came her answer, and with a click or two on her fancy phone there the picture was in my email inbox.

A Klekolo signature classic, The Witches Brew. Brewed and presented on a lazy drizzly Sunday just as beautifully pictured and described as promised on their menu... no exaggeration.


This month on March 18th, Klekolo celebrates 17 years in business, serving the best quality coffee in Middletown. They recently launched a re-tooled website (www.klekolo.com), which has some interesting history about the place. I have a long list of reasons why Klekolo is my favorite coffee shop in Middletown. To name just a couple, they use real whipped cream (no chemicals) and I have never once been displeased with any drink ~ everything is the best quality. Their lattes are done right, they way lattes were meant to be. Oh, and if you were wondering about the title of this post, well I guess you'll just have to go to Klekolo and ask for a Monkey and the Engineer to find out for yourself.

Happy Anniversary Klekolo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, 17 years of steamin' great froth. I agree, hopefully all readers of "They Eye" have been there, but if you haven't they do do it that way it's supposed to be done. Even I could stand on the froth and not sink ;-) (Hyperbole!)

Anonymous said...

oh my. i'll definitely get the witches brew next time. klekolo's is great.

Elizabeth Bobrick said...

I really enjoy these "things to enjoy in Middletown" postings -- especially when they are as well written as this one, not to mention the great photo!