Sunday, January 9, 2011

Drew Thanks Supporters

From Dan Drew

I would like to thank the many members of our community who have offered their encouragement and support since my appointment to the Common Council to fill the seat recently vacated by Vincent Loffredo.

I also want to thank my colleagues — Democrats and Republicans — for their unanimous support of my appointment. I look forward to working with each of them, with Mayor Giuliano, and the men and women of our city workforce.

Above all, I am honored to have the opportunity to serve you. Please feel free to contact me at: (860) 834-1630 or danieltdrew@yahoo.com. I will serve on the Economic Development, Public Works, and Ordinance Study committees. Please contact me with any issues related to city business or these committees.

As a husband and the father of three young children, I have so much faith in our ability to make progress together. I am honored to have an opportunity to work with you toward that goal.

Respectfully

Daniel T. Drew
Member, Common Council


Daniel T. Drew
(860) 834-1630
826 Long Hill Road
Middletown, CT 06457

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atta boy Dan ! I am sure you will do a fine job. There are some very simple rules you will have to be aquainted with though. The Personnel Director believes that her office dictates city policy on evrything from pencil sharpning to how city funds are dispersed for skateboard parks (thats an easy one you deviate from this one she will correct you so dont worry). God realy does sit to your right by about 4 chairs. If you have any common sense you deffinetly will not be a good asset to the common council IE: you must learn to be disfunctional and at least recognize one of the Directors great high school achievements of getting a varsity letter thier fresman year and last but deffinetly not the least, Mr. C speaks the truth and Ed prints it. We love you Mr. C !!!!!!!!!! Got the love for you to Ed. Ceade' mih faile'

Christine O'Grady said...

Dan,
Congratulations. I look forward to connecting with you about how we can better the lives of families and children in our fine City.

To Anonymous, it is

céad míle fáilte

Most importantl, I really wish people would sign their names to their posts. Anonimity on line is akin to road rage...people feel safe in their little bubble not realizing the impact their actions have on others. Step up people and put a name to your voice!

Anonymous said...

To Anon January 9, 2011 @ 10:40 p.m. - You hide your identity poorly! Here's one for you my Irish friend

Teacs a aistriu... "How quickly one forgets."

Focus on your health and well being in 2011!

confused by anonymous ramblings said...

who the H is Mr C and why is ANON constantly referencing him? ANON- if you have something to say, make it clear, and stand behind it with your name. Your cryptic rants that make reference to some insider knowledge you have are not elevating any discussions or improving the state of politics in this town.

john milardo said...

To readers of the Middletown Eye, I am apologizing before hand for my comment.
Anonymous of Jan 9, 2011 @ 10:40PM is an idiot.
The Personnel Director (who is my wife), has much to do with City policy pertaining to the Personnel Dept. If anyone thinks for one second, anyone in a directorship or lesser position has the power to tell a Mayor what to do; you really are ill-informed, or just a troublemaker.

If this person is going to make baseless and false comments for the sole purpose of a personal agenda, and hide behind anonimity, or because they will state they are afraid of retribution: they are nothing but liars. You see, one would have to be either the Mayor or a Common Council member to be able to weild such power.
I agree with many of the Eye's readers: Put your name on your comments.
John Milardo

Anonymous said...

Good for you Dan. You now will have a voting record to run on for the November election.