Friday, July 30, 2010

Mural Complete, Artist En Route to Guatemala

With a planned finish date of Friday last week, I found Marela Zacarias on Saturday morning bemoaning a day lost to rain.

"I don't mind the heat.  I like the heat," she said.  "But I can't work in the rain."

Despite the delay, Zacarias finished the work in time for a planned trip to her hometown of Mexico City, and then onto Guatemala where she will be working on her sixth wall mural installation this year.

Check out the mural while you're at the Farmer's Market today.

2 comments:

Sarah-Jane said...

The major part of the mural is complete, but there are a few few details yet to be added - like the thanks to all who helped paint! We will have a little celebration on Friday, September 10th at 5:30 at the wall, followed by an open house at Green Street. Please join us!

Anne-Marie Cannata said...

Thanks to all involved for such a beautiful and meaningful painting. I've wanted murals on that space for years, as have many others, and I'm so glad it's done. Congratulations on a job well done! It really lights up that corner, and many folks' spirits as well.