Monday, November 9, 2009

Mayor Thanks City, Pledges to Work for All


RELEASE FROM MAYOR'S OFFICE, November 4, 2009
----------------
I want to take this opportunity to express my deep and sincere appreciation to all of the citizens of Middletown for their encouragement and support during the recent election cycle. I am honored by the trust they have placed in me over the last four years and their willingness to offer me another term to continue service on their behalf.

I would like to also offer my sincere appreciation to Dan Drew and to all the candidates who ran on the Democrat ticket. Likewise to Rae Johnson and the candidates of the Realistic Balance Party, as well as to those who ran on the Working Families line and as petitioning candidates. All ran spirited and determined campaigns.

I offer my congratulations to every fellow elected public servant on the City Council, Board of Education, Planning & Zoning Commission, the Board of Assessment Appeals, and to the City Treasurer. The sacrifice of time, energy and resources you are making to serve your community will be, at times, unheralded but never unappreciated.

I want our community to know that I will continue to represent every resident of Middletown. With the formality of the election process behind us, I look to be “beyond partisan” to borrow an expression used by the President, reaching out regardless of party affiliation (or non-affiliation), to craft the best, most prudent and effective solutions for Middletown, its workers, its corporate and civic organizations and its average citizens.

I cannot, in this small space, acknowledge all of the family, friends, organizations and individuals who worked so hard on my behalf in the last weeks. I humbly ask that everyone accept my sincere statement of appreciation and my commitment to work tirelessly to secure Middletown’s future and our City’s place at the head of the pack amongst the communities in our State.

Thank you.
Mayor Sebastian N. Giuliano

No comments: