Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We Met the Candidates...

All of them. Well, almost.

Everyone but a very few were in attendance, and all in all, around 150 people came out from all over town. Conversation and questions were flying and everyone seemed genuinely engaged in some very interesting conversations.

I wish I had more pictures, but I only remembered to snap occasionally. So, I missed some people and some politicians.

At the very least, we all got to understand the candidates positions and they got to hear about the real lives of real people. At the most, we all learned a little more about the people that we will be voting for in less than a month.

Thank you to the Green Street Arts Center for providing the space for this event, to those of you running for spending time with us and to the citizens of Middletown for coming out for more information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there too and I have to say, I'm more and more impressed with Dan Drew everytime we talk. A few months ago I was saying "Dan Who?" - I know he is young and he didn't grow up here, but he is sharp as a tack and he is well versed on the most important issues in this race - taxes, public safety, energy, the environment, etc. He doesn't make any wild promises that I would expect from a newcomer and he is very approachable. His knowledge is indicative of someone who is serious about the mayor's race, and Giuliano has a real battle on his hands. If Mr. Drew doesn't pull off the upset, it will probably be close. I just don't see someone as knowledgeable, friendly, and modest getting blown out of the water, especially in a town where Democrats outnumber Republicans by more than a 3 to 1 margin.

Anonymous said...

Although I cannot exclude the possibility that it is Daley/Serra/Loffredo posing as a fawning admirer of Dan Drew, I would bet 10:56 is actually Dan Drew posing as a fawning admirer of Dan Drew. In any case, isn't anonymity great?