Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Around Middletown in 80 Days: Day 58


The Bridge - Tofu Factory

It’s day 58 in my around Middletown in 80 Days journey and I have traveled from the Inn at Middletown (yesterdays stop) to the Bridge Tofu Factory on Washington Street. Did you know that for 25 years they have making wonderful artisanal quality tofu at this same location? On my visit today they showed me how Bridge Tofu is made slowly by hand from organic, non-GMO beans and I found out that you can purchase this firm, yet tender, full flavored tofu at ION Market in the North End of Middletown, but you can also find Bridge tofu at many restaurants, and natural food markets in the Northeast. Hey, I think I’ll visit ION tomorrow.

www.oddfellows.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Bridge Tofu and Seitan are also sold at the Wesleyan student grocery (Weshop).