Thursday, October 1, 2009

Around Middletown in 80 Days: Day 38

Cucia Park

From Phileas's Journal:

I awoke to the most fine fall morning, with clear, bright skies, and crisp, cool air. Wishing to take full advantage of a New England fall day, I decided to contact the Middletown Department of Parks and Recreation for some information about nature trails in the Middletown. With more interest in a leisurely stroll, rather than a rigourous hike, I was directed to Cucia Park, in the Westfield section of Middletown. So I packed a picnic lunch, laced up my walking shoes, and headed to the park. The land, dedicated as a park in 1975, offered me numerous rustic trails beneath elderly pines spread over three acres of walkable land. I spent the morning meadnering before retiring to a picnic table overlooking a placid pond resting at the center of the park to savor my packed lunch and reflect upon my past two months of excited exploration in Middletown.

No comments: