Friday, April 24, 2009

Kleckowski Fine After Collapse At P&Z Meeting

"I've had a horrible cold for a few weeks," Planning and Zoning Commissioner Deborah Kleckowski said on the phone this morning. "My sinuses are blocked, but I'm fine. Tell everybody I'm fine."

At Wednesday's Planning and Zoning meeting Kleckowski fainted, and was taken to by emergency techs to the hospital for observation.

"It was a reaction to antihistamines I'd been taking," Kleckowski said. "Not only was I dehydrated, but my blood pressure spiked. And I don't usually have a blood pressure issue. The doctors told me it's something that can happen when you're taking cold remedies. It's not a good way to learn a lesson, but it's something that most people don't know."

Kleckowski was quick to thank all those who attended to her after she passed out.

"Of course Bruce (Driska - Zoning Enforcement Officer), was a former EMT so he was great," she said. "And Jason the EMT was wonderful. And the mayor stayed with me to make sure I stayed aware."

The cold which caused the initial problem has kept Kleckowski from her work as an instructor at Middlesex Community College for the past few days.

"It's a nasty cold, but I'm beginning to feel much better."

1 comment:

Deborah Kleckowski said...

Thank you to everyone for your concern. I am on the mend and ready to get back to the business at hand with a fury! Your calls of concern and your kind words are greatly appreciated.