Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obamapalooza (4) "No Cherry Blossoms Expected"

I woke to an inbox of full of early-morning photos from my family in DC.

They've been staying at a friend's apartment (thanks Liz!) just five miles -- a short metro ride -- from the White House. This morning, they were out the door by 5 am.

There was already a very long line of "Purple" ticket-holders waiting to get to their security checkpoint. My husband and 11-year-old got in line. My teen-agers have Blue tickets, so they headed to a different section. Here's the map that shows the color areas for the inauguration audience.



They waited for moonlight and sunlight to cross.



Eventually, the sunlight broke through. As my husband notes, no cherry blossoms are expected today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will there be an Obamapalooza (5)? I have enjoyed following your family from Middletown to the nation's capitol and I was looking forward to reading about their time at the inauguration. Thanks...