Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ethnomusicology conference at Wesleyan


I was walking on Main Street and saw a poster I hadn't seen a few days before, for a conference on ethnomusicology at Wesleyan.

I turned to find a man carrying a red bag emblazoned with the conference logo walking by. I stopped him and introduced myself, and he in turn told me he was David Harnish, from Bowling Green University, a gamelan master.

He explained that the annual Society for Ethnomusicology conference had just begun, and that there would be concerts through the evening at the University.

Find more details here.

1 comment:

joseph getter said...

Thanks for the post about the SEM conference. There are a large number of local folks involved in this, and it has been a real pleasure to host 800 or so of our colleagues from around the world here in Middltown.

3 concerts remain for Monday night. They are open to the public, and have a $5 admission:

9:00pm-12:00am CONCERT 8: Latin American and Caribbean Music SIG (Crowell Concert Hall)

9:00pm-11:00pm CONCERT 9: East Asian Music (Beckham Hall)

10:00pm-12:00am CONCERT 10: Middle Eastern Music (Center for the Arts Cinema)

Hope to see you there!