Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eye M - Shopping


Fresh Connecticut corn is in!!!  Lucky for me my husband stopped today at my favorite farm stand, the one with no name on Rt. 68 - just a corn sign --- he brought me home my first taste of local sweet and tender corn this year.  This farmer keeps his corn refrigerated and only puts out what he can sell in a short period of time. When picking out corn at a farm stand - be sure to feel around for the coldest ones, as the sugar in the corn turns to starch if it is out in the warm weather for very long.  Of course you can always check with Ted at the Fruitery to see if he has a supply of cold sweet corn.  And one more reminder - the farmers market on the South Green is up and running on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  Buy local and keep our farmers in business. 

No comments: